Email Posting Policy
1. The primary purpose of the list is to announce rides, to share ride reports, and to organize Babes parties and events.
2. The secondary purpose of the list is to answer questions and share information about biking, i.e. bike shops, trails, events, clothing recommendations, hydration during riding, etc.
3. The Babes list is not a discussion group. When a ride is announced or a question asked, please respond to the person who sent the question, not the whole list. If you ask a question on this list, expect to get an individual response from everyone. Do not start a general discussion.
1. If your email is not specifically related to biking, put OFF-TOPIC in all caps in the subject line. Please use great discretion with OFF-TOPIC postings.
2. You may use off-topic postings to ask for recommendations for doctors, repairmen, etc. You may summarize the responses in another off-topic posting.
3. You may use off-topic postings to announce special events in which a babe or her work is featured, such as performances, book signings, art openings, lectures, etc. Please keep these announcements to one per event.
4. Do not use off-topic postings to advertise a non-biking related charity event or sale. The list has been used this way in the past, but now that traffic has exploded, we need to keep these posts off the list.
5. Use your judgment. Do not abuse off-topic postings.