Any member of Babes on Bikes can sign up to be a ride leader.
Some guidelines for leading a ride:
- Sign up (weeks or days) ahead of time.
- Post a ride announcement to the email list a day or two ahead of time. If it’s a special ride, provide more notice and post a reminder a day or two before the ride. Your announcement should specify meeting location, start time, pace, route, proposed rest stops, and approximate finish time. A link to a cue sheet is helpful. If you are using a new cue sheet, you can include the cues at the bottom of the email.
- Keep track of RSVPs so you know who to expect at the start. Optional to acknowledge that you look forward to riding with them. It is also helpful to exchange cell phone numbers via email to facilitate communication if someone is late to the start.
- If weather is bad, cancel ride by posting to the list and notifying RSVPs.
- At the start, welcome new riders, facilitate introductions and initiate start.
- During the ride, keep track of riders and lead the route. This can be delegated.
- Post a ride report to the email list.